Contract Labor Category, Education, & Experience:
Systems Engineer – Senior: Masters +10yrs, or Bachelors +12rs
Systems Engineer – Intermediate: Bachelors +5yrs or Associates +7yrs
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of experience performing the specified functions.
- CompTIA Security+
- Cisco CCNP, or equivalent
This position is for a Cloud Network Operation Lead supporting the ALTESS engineering team. ALTESS is a managed service provider for Army and DoD IT systems and runs multiple Army private clouds and also Microsoft Azure Gov and DoD region public clouds. This position will be the network operations lead for both the Microsoft Azure Gov (IL4) and DoD (IL5) environments.
- Run the daily administration of the network operations in the cloud.
- Oversee and manage all network changes and incidents for the Azure environments in ServiceNow.
- Troubleshoot issues related to network and application performance to assist in resolving issues impacting hosted applications.
- Plan and execute all network infrastructure patching and device upgrades.
- Ensure all cybersecurity compliance with IAVM and STIGs for network infrastructure.
- Maintain required network documentation and diagrams as needed for the cloud network architecture and customer enclaves.
- Provide on-call support for triage and resolution of after-hours production incidents.
- Proactively interface with all of the cloud team covering all technology areas.
- Assist with identifying and planning potential new cloud services, features, and capabilities.
- Serve as overall subject matter expert on Network Administrator technology and market capabilities/trends.
- Design and implement secure network and application delivery solutions providing high availability to hosted customer applications.
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to transform high-level technical objectives into comprehensive technical requirements for submission as change requests.
- Contribute to the ALTESS ongoing automation efforts.
- Security+ (Or equivalent IA cert) and computing environment certification (i.e. CCNA, CCNP, etc.)
- Mid to senior level Network Administrator experience in a private or public cloud environment
- Experience with administration of Palo Alto firewalls and F5 devices
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or similar cloud technologies desired – training available
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience effectively managing multiple large-scale projects
- Experience automating routine administrative tasks desired
- Understanding of network, storage, server, and application technologies
- Strong understanding of fundamental network concepts and technologies
- Understanding of common network services (DNS, SNMP, NTP, etc.) and application protocols (HTTP, SSL) – preferred
- Ability to analyze packet captures to troubleshoot common network and application issues
- Strong knowledge of automation concepts, tools, and scripting languages (Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
- Knowledge/experience in DoD network operations – preferred
- Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM) – preferred
Please submit your resume to email@example.com