Contract Labor Category, Education, & Experience:
Systems Engineer – Senior: Masters +10yrs, or Bachelors +12rs
Systems Engineer – Intermediate: Bachelors +5yrs or Associates +7yrs
- CompTIA Security+
- Computing Environment (CE) Certification (i.e., MCSE, Server+, etc.) – can be waived for 30 days after project join date.
This position is for a Web and Application Administrator supporting the ALTESS commercial cloud customers who reside in Microsoft Azure (Gov/DoD). ALTESS is a managed service provider (MSP) for Army IT systems and we support enterprise applications owners in migrating their systems into Microsoft Azure and also provide sustainment services to support their applications. This Web and Application Administrator position will provide a full suite of web and application administration capabilities to ALTESS cloud customers.
- Serve as a Web and Application subject matter expert (SME) for evaluating customer’s current application architecture and develop a new architecture to be deployed in Azure and utilizing cloud native database services as much as possible (PaaS vs IaaS)
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to transform high-level technical objectives into comprehensive technical requirements
- Build and deploy web and application infrastructure for customer applications
- Provide sustainment of customer web and application tier systems to include installation, configuration, patching, upgrades, hardening of systems per STIG guidance and industry best practices, and SSL certificate management
- Work closely with customer developers for regular project releases and code deployments
- Provide troubleshooting assistance for any reported issues
- Assist with identifying and planning potential new cloud services, features, and capabilities
- Make recommendations for improvements to security, scalability, manageability, and performance across a wide variety of network, storage, compute, and mid-tier technologies
- Mid to senior level SQL web and application tier administration experience utilizing mid-tier tools such as IIS, Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, or JBOSS
- Basic system administration knowledge of Linux and Windows Server operating systems
- Security+ (Or equivalent IA cert) and computing environment certification (i.e. MCSA – SQL Server, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience effectively managing multiple large-scale projects
- Experience automating routine administrative tasks desired
- Understanding of network, storage, server, and application technologies
- Strong knowledge of automation concepts, tools, and scripting languages (PowerShell, Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
Working knowledge of DoD STIGs and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM).
Please submit your resume to email@example.com